IFIN-HH of Bucharest-Magurele, Romania will host a ChETEC training school in nuclear astrophysics of 10 days duration, consisting in classes and hands-on activities:
1. In a target laboratory
2. Manning an experiment at the 3 MV TandetronTM (7 days around the clock)
3. Calibration of the accelerator and of detectors used
4. Prompt gamma-ray measurements
4. De-activation measurements in an underground laboratory we have in a salt mine.
Local and invited trainers will lead the participants during the school that will cover most types of activities a physicist engaged in nuclear physics for astrophysics will have to go through, in particular those engaged in direct measurements for nuclear astrophysics.
a. will attend introductory classes
b. will run the experiment round the clock
c. will make the experimental arrangement
d. will collect data
e. will analyze on/offline data (prompt and de-activation gamma-rays).
Selection of the candidates will be done in two steps:
1) Registration on this site: https://indico.nipne.ro/event/144/ , providing data on affiliation, your curriculum vitae and a letter of recommendation from an advisor (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org). Registration deadline is 24th of August 2021.
2) After a selection by organizers/hosts, the proposed candidacies are submitted to ChETEC for final approval and financing. The costs for the transport, accommodation and meals will be refunded for successful candidates according to the COST rules.