The conference will be held in Sinaia, a year-round mountain resort in the heart of the Carpathians, about 130 km north of Bucharest, about 1.5 hours drive from the main international airport of Bucharest (OTP).
During the school (on Sunday), if enough participants sign up for it, we will organize an excursion to give the participants the chance to know some of the Romanian landscape and culture. Sinaia is "the Pearl of the Carpathians", a prime tourist attraction and in close proximity to many first class natural and historical attractions of Romania.
Extra activities, from visiting the Sinaia monastery and the Peles Castle (with its beautiful art collection or the open-air folklore exhibit and market), to dinning and wining at restaurants with live Romanian and international music, to mountain climbing, are all available within walking distance. Visits to old Transylvanian cities, like Brasov, Sibiu and Sighisoara, or to the Bran castle ("Dracula’s castle") and Poiana Brasov, are possible by car, bus or train.
Please keep in mind that all tourist activities have to be done taking the current pandemic rules into account.
The venue of the school will be Hotel International**** (https://www.internationalsinaia.ro/), a four star complex, where most of the participants will be accommodated in single and double rooms and in luxury flats at the following prices:
- Double room in single occupancy: 375 lei (about 77 euro/day)
- Double room in double occupancy: 208 lei/person/day (about 43 euro/person/day)
- Junior suite: 600 lei, about 125 euro/day
These prices are offered only if the participants are registered via the organizers (we reserve the room for you according to the information you complete on the registration form). Any extra days outside the school period will have the costs stated on the hotel's website.
Please also note the following:
- Breakfast is included in the room's price.
- Lunches will be served at the same hotel and are included in the school registration fee.
- Dinners can be pre-arranged at the same hotel at about 17 euro each, or the participants can chose to manage by themselves with these meals at other restaurants that are available around, in walking distance.
- The cost of your stay will be paid to the hotel not to the organizers, unless you are supported by the school (see the Fellowship Support page for info on that).
Hotel International follows the health rules imposed during this pandemic and you can find more info here: